Your research is critical to creating a brighter future for people with Marfan syndrome and related disorders. We are here as a resource for you, whether you are a basic or clinical scientist conducting research to reduce or eliminate life-threatening and quality of life challenges facing patients with Marfan syndrome and related disorders.
- We offer two-year grants for scientists at different stages of their career. This seed funding is essential for many scientists to obtain preliminary data required to compete for more competitive grants at the National Institutes of Health or other organizations.
- We can announce study participation opportunities to our Marfan syndrome and related disorders community to help scientists reach their enrollment goals.
- We can help connect you to other scientists to obtain resources – such as biological samples and mouse models – that you might need for your research.
- We advocate with members of Congress on behalf of the research community for adequate funding of the National Institutes of Health and other government institutions where researchers usually apply for funding. We also advocate at the National Institutes of Health for grant mechanisms that will benefit the Marfan and related disorders population.
- We act as a convener, organizer and supporter of state-of-the-art research meetings, such as the International Symposia on Marfan Syndrome and Related Disorders, to facilitate and maintain international collaboration among scientists in the field.
Together we can help achieve victory over Marfan syndrome and related disorders.