Facebook fundraisers generate critical support for The Marfan Foundation. They are easy to create and your family and friends will be glad to donate easily and securely through Facebook.
You can create a Facebook fundraiser for the Foundation any time. Many people do it for their birthday. Other people do it to support their Walk for Victory team. Here’s how:
- Start here. This takes you directly to a page on Facebook that specifies that you are raising money for The Marfan Foundation. If you are on Facebook and click CREATE A FUNDRAISER, you will first have to select The Marfan Foundation as your charity of choice.
- Next, Facebook will prompt you to set a fundraising goal and end date for your fundraiser, and then tell your story. The tile of the fundraiser should highlight why you are raising money for the Foundation – for example for your birthday or for your Walk for Victory team: Mary’s birthday fundraiser for The Marfan Foundation or Marfan’s fundraiser for The Marfan Foundation Virtual Walk.
- Below the title, you will be asked to explain why you are raising money. In the template, you will see standard language from The Marfan Foundation; however, we encourage you to add your personal reasons for the fundraiser. Your friends and family will support your fundraiser because they care about you and your story. By personalizing this section of the fundraiser template, you campaign will be more successful! Here are a couple of examples:
For my birthday this year, I'm asking for donations to The Marfan Foundation. As some of you know, I have several family members that have been affected by Marfan Syndrome. It's a genetic disorder, so there are still battles yet to fight. Please consider donating, every little bit will help towards my goal.
I'm turning the big 3-5 this year and wouldn't you know it: my birthday is really close to the 15th annual Cleveland Walk for Victory! That's two BIG milestones across a 2 week time period! I've got an ambitious goal of raising $1,000 as a Walk for Victory team. Will you help me towards my goal? The Marfan Foundation has given my family more than I can say and it's my honor to be able to give back. The money raised goes towards research, awareness (because the earlier you get diagnosed, the better your outcomes!), and support services. You can read more about the Foundation's mission below. Thanks in advance for your support!
I am personally attached to this cause! My son Jordan was blessed with Marfan Syndrome. Although I wouldn't change a thing about him, I would love to find a cure for his pain and side effects.
For my birthday this year in loving memory of my late friend [name], I'm asking for donations to The Marfan Foundation. I've chosen this nonprofit because their mission means a lot to me (and his family), and I hope you'll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit will help me reach my goal. I've included information about The Marfan Foundation below.
- Select a picture to use for your fundraiser.
- Share the link to the fundraiser on your Facebook page, tell your friends about how your fundraiser. Every time you receive a donation, re-post the link and thank (and tag) recent donors. This will keep your fundraiser in the newsfeed of your Facebook friends and make your fundraiser more successful.
If you have any questions or need assistance setting up your Facebook fundraiser, please contact the Foundation’s social media team at email@example.com.