Marfan syndrome is a potentially life-threatening genetic disorder, but people can live a normal lifespan if they are diagnosed and treated. Otherwise, they are at risk of a sudden early death due to a tear in their aorta, the large artery that takes blood away from the heart. Alarmingly, medical experts say that half of those with Marfan syndrome are not diagnosed and are at risk.
The Marfan Foundation works to create a brighter future for everyone living with Marfan syndrome and related disorders. This includes funding research, providing patient support, and conducting public and medical education to ensure that everyone affected is diagnosed and treated. The Walk for Victory helps fund our life-saving programs and services.
Join us for our 3rd Annual Boston Walk for Victory and help us raise awareness and advance our life-saving work. This nationwide walk program focuses on community and puts the FUN in fundraising! Grab a friend, join a team, or make your own team and get ready for some fun in the sun.
Registration & Check-in: 12:00pm
Walk Begins: 12:30pm
Benefits for Walkers:
- Enjoy a mile-long leisurely walk and connect with others in your community.
- Your own personal and team fundraising webpage
- Snacks, games, and prizes!
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to save lives and improve the quality of life for the many thousands of individuals and families living with Marfan syndrome and related disorders.
Additional Details & Deadlines:
- Register before April 15th to get free registration!
- Raise or Donate $100 to receive our 3rd year purple shirt at the walk!
- Raise $500 before May 28th for a chance to win a super cool prize!!!
- Raise $1,000 or more by Walk Day and you will be a part of our National Superstar Circle of Excellence. You will recieve VIP treatment at the walk, as well as recognition at our Annual Family Conference in Minnesota!
Fight for Victory!
516-883-8712 ext. 132
For fundraising tips, click here.