Our Early Investigator Grant Program provides financial support for early investigators studying any or all disciplines involved in Marfan syndrome, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, Loeys Dietz syndrome and other related disorders. Three two-year grants for $37,500 per year for a total of $75,000 per grant are awarded for basic or clinical research.
- The principal investigator must hold an MD, DO, PhD, ScD, DDS, DVM, or equivalent degree.
- The investigator must have proven ability to pursue independent research as evidenced by original research publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Applicants must have less than seven years experience in a faculty position and have never received an NIH R-01 grant award. Appointments associated with clinical house staff/fellowship training positions are excluded from the seven-year faculty limit.
- Award winners cannot hold concurrent NIH K award, or similar training grant.
- Work can be performed in the U.S. or internationally.
Grant awards are based on proposal evaluation by our Scientific Advisory Board and the approval of The Marfan Foundation Board of Directors. Applications must be submitted via our website.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
Award Announcement: May 11, 2020
Funds Available: July 1, 2020