Marfan Foundation Statement: Upcoming Events
The Foundation is working closely with our Professional Advisory Board, which consists of the leading medical experts on Marfan and related conditions, on issues surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus). In response to the recent spread and risks associated with coronavirus, the Foundation is postponing several in-person events scheduled in the coming weeks.
We do not make these decisions lightly. We know how valuable and important in-person events are to our community. We also recognize the legitimate need for social distancing, especially for those in our community who are at high risk for COVID-19 (see our latest statement on who is at high risk). It is disappointing to all of us, but we should err on the side of caution at this time. Your health is our number one priority.
Where possible, we will be offering virtual opportunities to learn and connect in an effort to maintain community support and connection. Details about rescheduled dates and online offerings will be shared as soon as they are available.
We appreciate the community’s patience as we work through this evolving situation.
At this time, the following Foundation activities are postponed:
- St. Louis Heartworks (originally scheduled for March 14)
- Atlanta Walk for Victory (originally scheduled for March 14)
- Cleveland Walk for Victory (originally scheduled for March 21)
- Lexington Regional Symposium (originally scheduled for March 28)
- Nashville Walk for Victory (originally scheduled for April 5)
- South Florida Evening with Heart (originally scheduled for April 16)
- North Carolina Walk for Victory (originally scheduled for April 18)
- Camp Victory for Families (Winder, GA, originally scheduled for April 17-19)
- Camp Victory for Families (Clarksville, OH, originally scheduled for May 1-3)
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any additional changes as they occur.