To facilitate and maintain international collaboration about scientists in the field, we convene and sponsor symposia on Marfan syndrome and related disorders along with the International Federation of Marfan Syndrome Organizations.
These symposia provide a common meeting ground for basic scientists, applied scientists, and clinicians to better understand:
- The molecular etiology of Marfan syndrome and related disorders
- The biochemical abnormalities produced by the underlying mutations in genes
- The clinical consequences of these mutations
- Medical and surgical management and the effects of these interventions on natural history
These meetings are held at several-year intervals to allow time for sufficient progress and the assessment of new advances and their impact. Scientific advances presented at these meetings included discovery of the gene that causes Marfan syndrome. Important meeting outcomes included the development of research agendas and directives for revising diagnostic criteria.
Upcoming Research Meetings:
- GenTAC, July 9-10, 2014, Baltimore, MD
- International Research Meeting, September 25-27, 2014, Paris, France - LEARN MORE