Emergency Information Packet Instructions
In order to properly fill out the document, you will need to download the file to your computer. Doing so will allow you to open the document, fill out your information, and perform a “Save As” in order to keep the template clean for the next time.
In order to download the file, please complete the following steps:
- Click on the link to the Emergency Information Packet.
- Depending on which browser you are using, select either the "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" option. A “Save” window should appear.
- Select a location on your computer where you would like to save the file (for example the “My Documents” folder, or the desktop). Remember this location since you will need it when you are ready to complete the template.
- Click the “Save” button.
- The file is now saved on your computer. Proceed to the “When you are ready to complete the template” instructions below.
When you are ready to complete the template:
- Locate the file (from step 3 above) and open by double clicking it. Note that you will need the free Adobe Reader program in order to open the file. If you do not have Adobe Reader, please visit: http://www.adobe.com/ to download and install it.
- Once the file is open, click the “File” menu item up top and select “Save as”. A new window should appear. Select a location on your computer where you would like to save the document (for example the “My Documents” folder, or the desktop). Remember this location for future use.
In the “File Name” box give the new file a name that identifies you and also include the date, for example “John Doe Emergency Kit 2008.”
Click the “Save” button. You can now proceed with filling out the document.
Click on a box to move the cursor to the field you want to complete and type the information into the box.
Once done, you can manually move the cursor or press the [tab] key to advance to the next field where you can fill in the information. Continue doing this process until you have reached the end of the form.
When you are finished, save the document by clicking “File” and selecting “Save”.
Print the document by clicking the “File” menu and selecting “Print” and then clicking the “Ok” button.
Be sure to update the template whenever important information changes.
Keep your completed template in a brightly colored file or envelope so it is easily located when you need it.
Keep updated copies in your home and office, and make sure someone else knows where to locate it.