One Day Educational Symposiums at Locations Throughout the U.S.
Our full-day regional educational symposiums bring our conference experience to different regions of the country. Each symposium has a full schedule of medical presentations from medical experts, including members of the Foundation’s Professional Advisory Board, and experts on quality of life issues that affect people living with Marfan and related disorders. They also feature a Creating Connections luncheon to give attendees an opportunity to network with others who have the same diagnosis.
Sample presentation topics include:
- Overview of Aortic Aneurysm Syndromes: Marfan syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm/Dissection
- Overview: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Marfan and Related Disorders: Cardiac Issues
- Marfan and Related Disorders: Orthopedic Issues including scoliosis, foot issues, hip issues
- Physical Therapy for Connective Tissue Disorders
- Marfan and Related Disorders: Eye Issues
- Coping with a Chronic Condition
- Support Group for Parents
- Support Group for Family Members
- Communicating with Your Healthcare Team
- Disability and Social Security
- Ask a Genetic Counselor
- Exercise and Staying Fit
Like the annual conference, the educational symposiums focus on creating connections. They also offer special programs for children and teens.
In the past year, the Foundation held symposiums in Phoenix, Arizona; Aurora, Colorado; Houston, Texas; Hollywood, Florida; Nashville, Tennessee, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Upcoming symposiums will be listed here as they are confirmed.
|DETROIT - 9/9/17||BIRMINGHAM, AL- 10/28/17|
|CLEVELAND - 12/9/17||HOUSTON- 1/6/18|
|NEW YORK, NY - TBD||BALTIMORE, MD - TBD|
|PHOENIX, AZ - TBD||SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - TBD|