Put on your sneakers and get ready to run with Team Victory, our new endurance program. By joining Team Victory, you will become one of the many people across the country walking, running, and riding in an endurance event in honor of individuals and families that are affected by Marfan syndrome and related disorders.
Team Victory Benefits for Runners:
- Guaranteed entry into one of the races in which we are a Charity Partner
- Your own personal fundraising web page
- An awesome Team Victory jersey for you to wear with pride on race day
- Weekly team emails
- Team Manager, a dedicated coordinator of the team events, who guides you through fundraising, and is your #1 personal cheerleader
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to create a brighter future for the many thousands of individuals and families living with Marfan syndrome and related disorders
- There are specified fundraising minimums ranging from $500-$2500, depending on the race
- Your registration fee covers your entry fee into the marathon
- Participants are required to make their own travel and lodging arrangements
- In the event a participant must withdraw from the race, the registration fee and any donations cannot be refunded
2014 Team Victory Race Schedule
- April 6, 2014 - Rock n' Roll San Francisco Half Marathon
- July 20, 2014 - Rock n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon and 5K - REGISTER
- August 3, 2014 - New York City Triathlon - REGISTER
- September 21, 2014 - Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon - REGISTER
- October 12, 2014 - Long Beach International City Bank Marathon, Half, 5K and Bike Tour - REGISTER
- October 19, 2014 - Des Moines Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay and 5K - REGISTER
- November 2, 2014 - TCS New York City Marathon
- December 7, 2014 - Rock n' Roll San Antonio Marathon, Half, Relay, 5K and Bike Tour - REGISTER
If you are unable to participate in any of the above races, but would like to participate in the race of your choice, you can still join Team Victory! Click here to find out more and join the team!
Note: People with Marfan syndrome or a related disorder are advised not to participate in competitive sports, including endurance sports such as a triathlon or marathon, because of the stress that is placed during such activity on the fragile aorta. Consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.
If you are a person with Marfan syndrome or a related disorder and are advised not to compete in competitive sports, you can still join Team Victory as one of our Spirit Runners. Spirit Runners can join the team and raise money for The Marfan Foundation but are not required to participate in a race. Click here to sign-up for Team Victory as a Spirit Runner!